LIFE IN THE UK TEST QUESTIONS
The values and principles of the UK
The Life in the UK Test Questions: Common Q & A You Should Know
The United Kingdom has made immense contributions to the world economy, especially in the fields of technology and industrialisation. It’s for this reason that many people from all over the world have desired to move to this beautiful country as citizens. Whether you want to move to the UK to start a family or to work, here are common Q&As about acquiring British citizenship you need to know.
What are the immigration routes for British Citizenship registration?
Depending on your circumstances, you can apply for British citizenship through several routes as follow:
- Citizenship by Birth or Descent: You are automatically recognized as a British national if you were born in the UK.
- British Citizenship by Marriage: You can apply for British nationality as a civil partner or spouse of a UK citizen.
- 5-year route: After being in the UK for five years, you can apply for permanent residence or Indefinite Leave to Remain status. After 12 more months, you can submit your application for British citizenship. The same case applies to EEA and EU citizens through the EU Settled Scheme.
- The “Stateless” individuals: If you aren’t recognized as a citizen of any country, you can apply for British citizenship. Your eligibility and application process will depend on the country you were born in.
- Renounced Nationality: If you had given up your British Citizenship, you could be allowed to resume your status.