What are the British Citizenship requirements?
If you wish to apply for Naturalisation, you must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 65 years
- Have spent the five years in the UK, and you shouldn’t be absent for longer than 450 days
- Be a holder of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) for at least 12 months
- Meet English language requirements
- Pass the Life in the UK Test to demonstrate your knowledge of the British traditions, customs, and culture.
- Not have breached any UK immigration rules
- You should be of good character. This means that you must not have any criminal record committed overseas or any immigration-related issue. Similarly, the UKVI will also take into consideration any positive contributions you’ve made to society.
How long does it take to get British citizenship?
Well, applications for British citizenship by Naturalisation may take up to six months. However, you can receive the UK Citizenship decision from the Home Office within a period of three months.